The National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) Digital Fabrication conducts collaborative research at the Doctoral and Postdoctoral levels in the disciplines of architecture, civil and structural engineering, material science, computer science, mechanical engineering and mechatronics, and control systems engineering. The methodology of the NCCR is highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary. It is oriented toward the training of scholars and the development of advanced practitioners in the fields of engineering, science and architecture.
As the NCCR programme moves towards its second phase of research in June 2018, there will be a number of fully funded (four-year) PhD positions available. To start in September/October 2018, the Block Research Group is making an open call for multiple
PhD positions (full-time) in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
- We are looking for structural engineers with programming skills and an interest in (computational) design; computationally inclined architects with good geometrical insights and interest in structures; or computer graphics/science majors with experience in architectural geometry.
- Candidates should be ambitious, dynamic, and able and willing to collaborate in highly inter-disciplinary teams, as the project will have an important collaborative component.
- Knowledge in algebra, mathematical programming (optimisation methods), and experience in using a high-level (OOP) programming language (preferably Python) are desirable.
- PhD candidates at ETH need to have a Master's degree corresponding to an FHEQ-Level 7.
All interested applicants who meet ETH recruiting requirements are asked to compile an application package to be submitted by e-mail consisting of the following documents:
- A letter of motivation and interest stating future career intentions and reasons for wanting to pursue research in the BRG within the NCCR Digital Fabrication.
- A full academic CV including listing of publications including a link to an online portfolio (do not send PDF portfolios!).
- A one-page (maximum) research statement stating your research interests, related skills, and any connection of your interests to the existing research of the BRG within the NCCR Digital Fabrication.
- At least two recommendation letters.
Please submit your application package by January 15, 2018 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com